Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Lucky I didn't get chosen...

We have been learning to write and present our speeches. We had to persuade the audience to think our way. The Olympics was our theme.
The criteria we had to use to write and present our speech included, an introduction, delivery, content and our conclusion.

I  have learnt to use powerful words in my introduction and also use descriptive words. 

I think that I didn't use any humour, adjectives and also I did really bad!
I did not include a delivery and conclusion.

On that day I was shy I didn't want to read it out but I still had to. When I finished reading my speech I thought that I did well on my voice. I needed to put a conclusion in my speech. And I didn't want to get chosen for the speech competition. On my first day when I got tested in my speech my time was 20 seconds. Then the next day I had done some more learning and researching. When I had got tested again my time was 1 minute 28 seconds. I got tested for the third time which was my final one I improved a little bit and got 1.37.

I also felt like the only nervous boy in room 12. I also enjoyed learning about Olympics and typing my speech on my net book. I was hoping NOT to get chosen for the finals, which was on Friday 17 of August. I did not get chosen, and instead of me it was Chloe and Enosi for the year 6's and Auariki and Tan-Charlie for the year 7's.

Finally it was the speech competition day. Chloe, Auariki, Enosi, and Tan-Charlie practised for the last time and proudly got nothing wrong.
During the last bit of the speech. Mr Hendricks had pronounced the winners, there were two winners from room 11 and two winners from my class. Chloe Tearikimana came 2nd and Auariki Vaine came 4th from my class, Blade Howell came 3rd and Crystal King came 1st from room 11. I am proud of them.

Thanks for listening to my speech Recount.
Jalal.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment